Q1: Do I need Piano Launchpad? |
A1: You need it if
- If your Desktop is full of objects. Move 10-20 objects to Piano
Launchpad. enable auto-hide feature, so your desktop is free again.
- If non-computer people are using the computer, the Launchpad
helps them launch needed programs
- Icons on Piano Launchpad are larger and better than on eCenter
Q2: How to load Piano Launchpad automatically on system startup? |
A2: Drop Piano Launchpad to Startup folder
Q3: Which objects and programs to collect at Launchpad? |
- Put Firefox, Thunderbird to Launchpad to start the day with good news
- FileCommander and other file shells, i.e. utils which
are started several times per day.
- OpenOffice, Lotus SmartSuite folders
- Personal Cards Manager address book
- Calculator for millionaire - you need it immediately
- We recommend move all multimedia applications to Central Remote Control
menu. But you can collect the multimedia applications in a folder
Q4: How to update Piano Launchpad? |
Our goal is save your data. So, follow simple instructions, read
the messages which the scripts print:
- Backup Piano launchpad using BACKUP.CMD, find x:\PianoPad.sav
- Remove Piano Launchpad using INSTALL.CMD -> U
- Restart WPS or Reboot
- Install new version of Piano Launchpad using INSTALL.CMD -> I
- Restore the configuration of Piano Launchpad using RESTORE.CMD
Q5: How to create the 2-nd Launchpad? |
Use CREATE.CMD script from Piano Launchpad package.
Q6: What is the role of eCenter if using Piano Launchpad? |
Place eCenter in the top, so eCS (startup) button and menu is easy to use.
Which objects move to eCenter?
- Put indicators to eCenter: Tasks list, indicator of battery,
- Put to eCenter Launchpad CMD-scripts (you start a script,
it executes a task, exits)
Q7: How to stick Piano Launchpad to all ePager virtual desktops? |
ePager properties -> Sticky windows -> Add Piano Launchpad
Q8: Where the Launchpad stores data about objects? |
The information about objects is stored in ini files
Q9: Why no animations on Launchpad? |
The animations do not increase productivity of eComStation users.
The goal of the project:
- Return the Launchpad to the Desktop as addition to the eCenter
- bring large icons to the Desktop
Q10: I want move BIGICONS icons to other location. |
Change SET BIGICONSPATH=
Q11: How to remove objects from the Launchpad? |
There are 2 different objects: shredder and trashcan
- There is shredder on Piano Launchpad when you run it in the first time
or find it in Desktop -> Programs -> Utilities -> Shredder object
- To remove via Trashcan, open properties of Trashcan ->
[x] remove immediately
Q12: I do not understand the need for Piano. It appears that eCenter
offers the functionality of Piano, plus much more. |
A12: Piano Launchpad is an addon to eCenter. Piano plays the role of
main system launchpad, it is more advanced than
eCenter small launchpads.