What is User Interface?
It's aggregate of means by which people interact with programs and desktop.
The user interface provides means of:
- Input, allowing the users to manipulate the programs
- Output, allowing the system to produce the effects of the users' manipulation.
Why eComStation UI is different?
eComStation already has good UI:
- Responsiveness + as intuitive as possible
- Good documented UI (API)
There are some differencies:
- Merlin notebook
Apply, [x], Undo
- Major part of graphical applications imply the usage of drag&drop
Desktop -- The uniform behavior of all objects of the WPS
- Work Area
- Font, color palettes
Why spend time to UI improvement?
- Stimulate the development of new, more advanced applications
moreover, useful for
- System utilities and small applications
- Update existing software
- Reduce the cost of development, unify the controls
- Attract new users