Q0: How to setup Shutdown?
A0: The shutdown can be configured in the desktop properties:
page "eShutdown" -> [x] Power-off computer.
Then select either APM or ACPI.
Q1: How to shutdown eComStation PC?
A1: There are some methods:
* Shutdown button in eCenter (Msg)
* Desktop -> RMB -> Shutdown (Msg)
* Launchpad -> shutdown button (Msg)
* press Ctrl-Alt-Del (1 time, 2 times if using CADHandler)
(Msg) Message box popups, it may be:
* eStyler shutdown or
* eWorkPlace shutdown
** standard PC
** via ACPI
Q2: What to do if ACPI shutdown hangs my PC?
A2: Usually this is specific for your model of computer,
1) use PowerOff.exe (ACPI utilities), if this doesn't work then
ACPI tables of your notebook are bad.
2) Update the BIOS of the notebook. Goto to the site of the
manufacturer, download BIOS.
* if Flash utility doesn't start then check FAT partitions from Win
* While updating BIOS,
the notebook should be attached to AC, not batteries
3) Try change shutdown options,
for example, turn off the Animation before shutdown option.
You can do this on Desktop Properties, eShutdown tab.
If you can't find other solution to shutdown the notebook:
How to shutdown PC? Close all heavy applications, press Ctrl-Alt-Del
to reboot, press Power Off buttong when you see BIOS Splash screen
Q3: How to reboot system
A3: Many methods:
* setboot /b
Q4: I call Shutdown and computer resets
* check BIOS setup, disable all options related to wakeup
* start GPEDevice (ACPI package -> utilities, GPEDevice.exe) after boot, show the output to the developers of ACPI
* computer boots again after Power Off. Try /R switch.
Q5: Shutdown via eStyler
A5: There are many modifications of eStyler.
* eStyler delivered with eSchemes - seems OK
Shutdown is disable by default.
To enable it: estyler s
you need estyler.exe compiled together with the estyler.dll
* other eStylers are not tested and work not properly.
Q6: For developers: How to shutdown PC?
A6: Shutdown via acpi32.dll, Example: